Sunday, November 8, 2009

Jumbled

My brain's been a little chaotic the past few weeks, so I'm not going to fully flesh out these thoughts into their own entries.

- Flying to Nashville on the 23rd for a full week! I'll be joining the Dixon tribe for Thanksgiving and can't wait to meet the full extended family in all its glory. I'll also be there for Caitlin's birthday (which is, coincidentally, my half birthday) and potentially the birth of her nephew. Who said a lot can't happen in a week?

- TFA decision is rendered this Tuesday at 8pm (yeah, they give you a specific time, and yeah, it adds to the stress even more). There's not much I can say to express the general anxiety I have over the situation, so I'll leave it at this: Basket. Of. Nerves.

- I've been in a total cooking and baking frenzy lately. This past week alone I made pumpkin butter, chocolate chip pumpkin cookies, chocolate chip pumpkin bread (twice), pumpkin & black bean soup [yes, I carved apart, roasted, and pureed what felt like the world's largest pumpkin], a mushroom/onion/spinach/cheese/sausage frittata, and chili. My mom went to the produce market this morning and brought me back lots of beets and a bunch of little eggplants, so I'm currently toying with the idea of some grilled eggplant pizza. Ooh, and maybe a potato-eggplant tart. I suppose cooking and following recipes calms me down when I'm stressed and distracts my racing thoughts, and I do love sending off little packages of cookies (want one? Ask. Caitlin did).

Like I suspected, this entry is just about as disjointed as my thoughts have been lately. I guess I'll end with this: always make sure that when you take a huge swig of liquid Nyquil you check the expiration date first. Didn't take this precaution last night and discovered the medicine to be quite, quite past due. The consequence? Some seriously trippy dreams. Lesson learned.


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes