Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Incident of The MethHead in the Night

Last Tuesday I went to dinner in Lower Haight with Alex Chan. We went to a cute Thai place, had amazing sangria, and lots of good conversation. Sounds like a good night, right?

I leave dinner feeling good. I hop on my bike (see previous post for photo evidence) and begin pedaling my way home. I head down Fillmore and go to turn on Waller. At this corner there is a meth head with her shopping card. She starts going out into the street, where I have to bike by her. I say "excuse me", she turns towards me and...

THROWS HER WATER ALL OVER ME.






Yeah.


Since I was on my bike she was aiming at a moving target, so she missed the face shot, but got my leg and back pretty good. Half of me wanted to tell her to go eff herself, but the other half, the one scared of a meth addled psychosis, won over and kept pedaling. I shot her a look, but she was too busy shouting "get away from me! You stay away from me!" My pleasure, crazy. I also did the highly scientific "rub and smell" to ensure that I had in fact been hit with water, not urine or bathtub booze.

At the time I was a bit shaken up, but now hilarity has won over. After all, not many people can say they were aquatically assaulted on their bikes.

4 comments:

agc said...

aquatically assaulted? say that five times fast.

Christina K said...

hahaha i love your descriptions/stories. miss you.

House said...

Excellent story-telling. Thanks for being on my list of things with which to waste time at work!

Unknown said...

LMFAO...with you, not at you. That's funny now that it's over and things are okay. I bet you were HELLA-FREAKIN' PISSED for a minute there.


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes