Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Home

I've been home for almost the past week now, and I leave tomorrow. This is the longest I've been here in nearly 2 years, and I miss it. It didn't really hit me when I was in college (for obvious reasons), and while I knew on some abstract level that I miss home since living in SF, the reality of it didn't fully sink in until these past few days. It's not just the creature comforts that I miss, although living rent-free with a full kitchen has its obvious perks. I miss the sense of familiarity, using not street names but muscle memory to drive around my neighborhood, and the overall sense of calm. I do love living in cities, but I can't deny that escaping to the suburbs has its benefits every once in a while. It's quieter here (right now I hear birds, a distant lawnmower, and my curtains rippling in the breeze), and greener. No, not greener. Lusher. Juicier. It rained the first few days I was here and the yard was vibrant, soft grass underfoot and splashes of flowers.

There isn't much of a purpose to this post. I'm happy to be home, and I think next time I'll allow less time to pass before I return again.

0 comments:


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes