Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Menagerie

My house is currently filled with animals. There's Mona the cat, whom we all know and love. The fish, who I feed when Chris is out of town. And now there's Lucy and Zeus, the two dogs I'm watching for 10 days.

These aren't little toy poodles/mini dogs, these are some DOGS. Lucy is a big German Shepherd/Lab mutt, and Zeus is a Brittany Spaniel. Lucy is adorable, quiet, loves to snuggle, and farts/twitches in her sleep. Zeus is high strung and needy. Oh, and a terror. Yesterday morning I walked downstairs to let them out and saw something out of the corner of my eye. What was it? The kitchen trash scattered everywhere, peppered with puddles of piss.

I cannot explain to you my level of anger as I mopped up dog pee at 7:30am on a Monday morning. Needless to say, Zeus knew I was pissed when I put him, his blanket, and a bowl of water outside for the day. I emailed my roommates telling them to ignore the incessant whining, and crossed my fingers he'd learned his lesson. This morning it was the bathroom trash, and no pee. I guess it's an improvement.

They leave Sunday, and while I could keep Lucy forever and not complain, I'll be happy to see Zeus go. Is that awful?

0 comments:


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes