Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ups and Downs

It's been a roller-coaster of a day.

It started when the J-line got backed up by about an hour. Two packed trains passed my stop without letting people on, and the third got to my stop at 9:02am...it's a half hour ride into work. The train itself was already getting full, which is pretty unusual. I grab one of the last seats, but little do I know that I'm directly behind a frankly terrible smelling homeless person. Like, people were covering their noses. I endured the smell of old cheese/wet dog for the 45 minute ride (yup, lots of delays, so exciting) and was realllly relieved to get off that train.

The up was that it's free breakfast day in my building, so I had an apple fritter. Delicious. Then, 5 minutes after I sit down at my desk, I get a call from a job I'd applied to last week. They want to interview me! After a bit of schedule investigating we decide on 5pm tomorrow. It's a communications job at a sustainable agriculture/organic produce distribution company. It looks awesome and in-line with my anth/public health interests, so naturally I'm pumped.

2 hours later, I get a call saying that we have to postpone the interview til October because my would-be supervisor is going to Spain for a month at the end of the week and is totally swamped. Booooooooooo. October will be here soon enough, but still! I'm not a very patient person and this definitely didn't help out in that regard.

Now I'm just waiting for the next "up" to happen. Chances are it will involve food.


Ah, what else is new? Tonight starts the adventure of packing all my stuff up for the move on Saturday. Uh yes, I am completely pumped, thank you for asking. I also played tennis for the first time ever on Sunday, which was...okay? I didn't suck completely, and now my right arm is sore as hell, but I think I'm going to take some lessons and get a little bit better. Maybe a replacement for ultimate? Lastly, my momma is coming next week to visit for 5 days, and I am completely and totally excited to see her. Our agenda includes trips to Santa Cruz, being touristy, and doing wine tasting in Napa. It's gonna be awesome. (Hi Mami!)

That's really all I got for now. I think I might take a 20 minute nap at my desk soon, seeing as my coworker is leaving for an hour and I'll be alone in the office. I feel like my brain is moving in slow motion.

0 comments:


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes