Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Beautiful, Beautiful Sisters

My trip to Germany for Christmas was all I hoped it'd be: relaxing, and filled with good food and my wonderful family. It wasn't terribly exciting, in the sense that I didn't go sightseeing or out into the city much. Instead, the days were filled with long breakfasts (complete with freshly baked bread - every day- and cheese and farm butter and general deliciousness), afternoon walks, reading books to my sisters, and long talks with my dad and stepmom.

It had been two and a half years since I'd last seen them, and leaving was incredibly sad and difficult. I plan on making my visits more frequent in the future - I think I would regret missing out on the lives of my young sisters, and miss the company of my father and stepmother, both of whom I get along with splendidly.

Philippa (the 17 month old) and I got along especially well...she has these endearing habits of squeeeezing you really tightly, giving big wet kisses, and putting her forehead against yours and cuddling up. By the end of the week she was letting me comfort her and leading me around the dining room table, my finger grasped firmly in her little hand. I think I'm going to miss her the most of all, and I'm eager to get back as soon as time and money allows.

Here are a couple of photos from my trip, along with a video of Philippa roaming around with her Big Bear. As a note, Philippa is the blonde little baby, and Adriane is the brunette 4 year old.








0 comments:


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes