Friday, January 2, 2009

...Brings About the Start of a New One

Hello 2009!

I ushered in the new year in the most low key manner I have in recent years. While my favorite NYE is still 2006 (leading into 2007), with the dress-up party at T St, this one is up there for its good food and relaxation.

The lead up to new year's was hectic. We almost decided to go to Vegas, the idea of a house party was thrown around, and then all of a sudden it seemed all options disappeared. I was invited to my friend's dinner party (you can read all about it here), which is how we started our night. Nicole, from my book club, is an amazing cook with a wonderful apartment, as well as a food blogger. She was given some money to throw a new year's eve feast, and it was delicious! We ate all sorts of roasted chicken, vegetables, gratin, black eyed peas, homemade baklava (!!), and I got to see some of the book club girls as well.

We left around 10, with the intention of meeting up with some people and seeing the fireworks. Unfortunately the Muni, though it had promised to run more frequently, had a wait time of over 20 minutes, and seeing as how we were far away from our destination but close to my apartment, we turned around and headed home.

The rest of the night was blissfully low-key. We popped open some champagne, ate some German marzipan pigs for luck, watched Finding Nemo, and caught a view of the fireworks from my living room window. I went to bed happy and ready for 2009.

This morning I made my resolutions - I don't normally do this, but this year I thought I would give it a try. I don't have many, and the ones I do have are reasonable enough. I don't think I'm quite ready to share them yet, if only because I don't want to have to acknowledge to a wider audience that I didn't keep them - purely selfish!

So, to keep you satiated, here are some photos of NYE 2008 - from the comfort of my couch.

Being attractive while keeping Adam's identity hidden (standard)


Nemo! Of course I capture the saddest moment in the movie.


What is NYE without champagne?


Our Frankenstein marzipan pigs.


Happy 2009 everyone!

0 comments:


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes