Monday, February 2, 2009

Back in Action!

Hello loyal readers!

So the big report is done, work has slowed down a TON, and lots of exciting things have happened here lately. Where do I even begin? I suppose I'll break it out into sections, writing more when I feel like, and sticking to bullet points when I get lazy (often).

So, let's see....

Alumni Weekend
So. Great. I got to spend all of Friday with my Button, and we even made the trek out to Court House to see Linds, watch movies, chit chat, and basically act like it was senior year all over again. Seeing them was so good. It felt like my life had been on pause from graduation til that Friday, and being back in DC started everything up again.

Friday night was not nearly as relaxing, but excellent. I got to see everyone, going from Marshall's to Froggy's (classic), ending with a cab ride back to Mt. Pleasant (one of many from the weekend). Many pictures were taken, lots and lots of hugs were given and received, and a necessary dose of Ruddiger was had. It was a great kickoff to the weekend.

Saturday was COLD. That is the best way to describe Saturday. I barely played at all, due to the weather and my hangover, and spent most of the time trying to get warm. Saturday afternoon we watched Wedding Crashers and I got the most pathetic grilled cheese ever. That night we trekked to Hillel for dinner and trivia, and made Pete's birthday video (hey Pete!). I headed to Naomi's with Kanika for a bit, pounced on Ryan (who was out cold thanks to a sleeping pill), and got to catch up with two of my favorites from GW. Excellent times. Saturday night's party was great, with a reprisal of jello shots and me accidentally (I swear) putting a tiny (miniscule) dent in the wall. It was tiny, seriously.

I made it to brunch on Sunday only a little late, and equally miserable as Saturday morning. Afterwards I saw Ivey for a bit, then made my way to Chinatown to hang out with the guys from my year. After lying down finally I realized I wanted to spend more time in DC so I changed my flight to early (I mean EARLY) Monday. We spent the rest of the day hanging out and watching football before I crashed in Dan's bed. My flight was a little miserable, with some major delays, but Delta was nice and gave me back $100. Woop woop!

Thoughts on my experience: I miss and love DC and my friends there. Like I said, sometimes it feels like I put life on pause moving out here, and it was just so comforting being back in a place that I know and where I feel at home. I know I'll be back soon, soon soon soon, and in a way that makes being away a little bit easier for now.

Okay, I'm signing off earlier than I thought I would - I've got some things I need to get sorted out tonight that you'll be hearing all about in the next couple of days. More updates are back, I promise!

0 comments:


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes