Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Better Days

The title of this post isn't to say today was awful. It was just one of those days that drags on forever, with minor mishaps casting a pretty negative pall on an already-boring day.

To start, I could barely get out of bed this morning. I decided to treat myself to a coffee on my way in from work - normally, I try to make coffee something I really enjoy on the weekends, something I take my time with and that eases me into a lazy Sunday morning. Today though it was just a desperate move to jolt me awake. I head into Specialty's for a small plain drip, and as I'm going to sprinkle a little cinnamon on my coffee (if you haven't tried this, do it) my gym bag swoops in like some sort of angry hag determined to keep me from starting my day well and coffee gets everywhere. On the counter, on the sugar packets, dripping into the barista area, and onto the cup lids. Ugh. I apologize profusely and offer to help clean up. The girl at the counter was really sweet, and I gingerly refilled my cup and hustled out of there. I didn't want to risk another mishap.

The morning crawled by.

At lunch I headed to Subway to get my normal lunch. About 2 hours after the fact, when I start thinking about what I want for dinner, I remember: I packed my lunch with the tofu stir fry I'd made last night. Bum.Mer. I took a bite of the stir fry, and my crappy work mini-fridge had morphed all the delicious flavors into "fridge taste." You know it. It tastes kind of like cold plastic and coolant. Gross.

Afternoon........snail's pace.

At this point I'd really gotten myself riled up and ready to get to the gym. I get changed at work and what do I realize? I forgot my gym shoes. All I had was my shirt, spandex (yeah that's right), and socks. And black ballet flats. It was atrocious. Can you imagine me on the rowing machine in ballet flats? With white ankle socks? Okay, I'm stopping there before I vomit in my mouth. Needless to say, the gym didn't happen.

So where does that leave me? At the end of a long Tuesday with laundry and a shower still on my to-do list. Can it be the weekend? Please?

1 comments:

Caitlin said...

#1. I'm in love with you.
#2. The image of you in your spandex, white socks, and BALLET FLATS IS in fact a disgustingly hilarious image and it MADE my day.

Thank you, Julia Bell.


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes