Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Like a Middle School Dance

That's how the division was on the live-blogging idea. Boys v. girls. Well here's something to make you both happy - I didn't watch (hence, no living blogging) last night because I got caught up in Planet Earth instead. However, it might still happen. Depends on my levels of dedication (nowhere near Alex's Gossip Girl liveblogging).

Anyways, many thanks to Ben, Nicole, Caitlin, and Ruddiger for the blogging feedback. Ben, I hear you on the matter of breaking up content-rich posts - look for a change there. Dan, just to make you happy, I'll be putting on pictures of Mona the cat. I'm also thinking of doing a video comparison of her and Will Ferrel. It works. Wait for it. And Nicole and Caitlin, I'll do my best to satisfy your RHNYC fix.

In other, briefer news, I had an interview at UCSF this morning for a volunteering position in the Child Life Services Dept. If all goes as planned, and I get my IDs/fingerprinting/training sessions sorted out, I'll begin a weekly volunteering stint working mostly with teens for a couple hours on the weekend. I'm really excited for the opportunity. I feel like it can be difficult to create a connection to a new community, which SF still is to me. I'm optimistic that becoming involved at the hospital will give me a greater sense of belonging here - my friends are my social web, and work is work, but I think creating a richer community network will instill a greater sense of belonging here. Fingers crossed!

0 comments:


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes