Sunday, July 6, 2008

In Pictures: 4th of July

I present to you a pictorial of my Independence Day 2008. After all, pictures say what words (and my scale, because I broke it due to the following photo evidence) cannot.

Delicious and patriotic (but mainly delicious) strawberry shortcake. It doubled as breakfast Saturday morning.


Let me give you a break down of what's happening here. Bottom left = coffee marinated flat iron steak. Middle right = plain top sirloin. That longish piece in the middle wasn't ours, and probably not as delicious, either. We've also got some grilled asparagus with some olive oil, salt, & pepper. Lastly, we have....grilled peaches. Grilled for about 6 minutes facedown, then for the last minute flipped. Put some butter and brown sugar in the hole where the pit was, and enjoy. Best meal I've had in a while.

Dance, grill-boy, dance!

Grilled Twinkies. It's not America's birthday without putting nuclear war resistant Hostess cakes on the grill. In case you were wondering, they were kind of amazing.

PBR, libation of champs.

Oh hey guys, let's see the fireworks! Wait a minute...why does this picture have what looks like snow in the way? Because San Francisco is the place where fog goes to die.
I didn't take this picture. It's the Bernal Hill slide close to the top of the stairs. I thought it'd be great to slide down. However, I got stuck (see previous pictures of food) and stopped sliding, so I got up to run down the rest of the slide. I make it off the slide, across the sand-pit, and as I'm thinking "Nice work Julia! Way to be graceful!" I BITE IT on the edge of the sandpit. Full on tripping on ankles, faceplant into the sand.

Now I can join the ranks of all the other people falling off slides.



(Reference :34 in the video for the most accurate portrayal of my disaster)

God Bless America, home of yours truly, patriotically ungraceful, as always.

1 comments:

agc said...

1. grilled peaches!!! you have no idea how much i love grilled peaches. in fact, i love them so much that on my resume, under interests, it actually says "grilling peaches" (telling someone how they can marinate a peach is always a fun topic in interviews!)

2. when you described your fall, it sounded funny, but that video was freaking hilarious. i could not stop laughing. good thing no one is at the office to hear me. i think the last segment was my favorite - where the dad takes the kid to the water slide and eats it. although there's something to be said for someone falling so hard into a kiddie pool that they knock the kiddie out of it.


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes