Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Caitlin - The Recap

My fingers would quite literally fall off if I tried to recount everything from Caitlin's visit, so here are the highlights from the weekend:

Thursday:
- Farolito: Caitlin's first taqueria trip ever. Delicious.

Friday:
- The day is kicked off with mimosas and breakfast at Stacks.
- Shopping. So. Much. Shopping.
- Introducing Caitlin to the wonders of frozen yogurt
- Pier 39! Sea lions + In-n-Out = typical SF tourism.
- The Big Umbrella for an arts show. So hot and crowded I literally thought my face was going to melt off.
- Jameson Comedy tour. The best bit was clearly about how pinkie toes get caught on afghans.
- Getting on stage at the comedy tour? Subsequently getting kicked out? Look, everyone was gone, how was I supposed to know it's not allowed.
- Trying to hail a cab outside the comedy club when we wind up in a limo. Um, what? Proceed to go on what feels like the longest limo ride ever through the city, where I sat on the floor.
- End the night sitting on a fire hydrant waiting for Caitlin as she proceeds to walk up and down some of the biggest hills in the city to go see a park.

Saturday:
- Morning = death. Get breakfast on the corner and skip out on our brunch reservations. Cab back to my house. Caitlin in last night's clothes, me barefoot and in pajama pants.
- Sit on the couch for about 2 hours, where I eat about half of a loaf of sourdough bread.
- Pry ourselves off the couch, pick up Adam, get Mitchell's ice cream, and go to the bridge!
- Caitlin and Adam walk out onto the bridge, while I get nauseous from fear and turn around about 30 yards in. The fact that I'm wearing a skirt in gusty conditions doesn't help.
- To the beach! Yes, it was 75 degrees, so we head to the beach for classic "jumping in waves" pictures and so Caitlin can see the Pacific.
- Dinner at Asia SF. We get lessons in sake from the bartenders and watch some hot trannies lip sync on the bar in skimpy costumes. Someone is there celebrating a divorce.
- Call it a night since nothing can top the "gender illusionists," so we head home to hang out and watch SNL. Asleep by midnight.

We head out of the house at 9am the next morning to get Caitlin on her flight. I spend most of the day either in bed napping or on the couch. The night ends with Chinese food and Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo.

Needless to say, the weekend was amazing. I'm super pumped for our next reunion, scheduled to take place somewhere in the Midwest during the Britney Spears tour. Am I kidding? I'll leave that one for you to figure out.

0 comments:


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes