Monday, November 10, 2008

DISNEY

A few weeks back I took a road trip down to LA with two kickass girls for my very first Disney adventure ever. It was incredible. Not only am I a fiend for roller coasters, but I was so thoroughly impressed with the artistic vision in the park. Truly, the attention to detail, the story that was told, was breathtaking. Up until this weekend I was upset that I'd never been to Disney as a child, but now I'm pleased that this was my first trip--a weekend with two friends, and at the age where I'm old enough to go on all the rides (and not be scared) as well as appreciate the effort that went into the entire operation. Yes, some of you may scoff at the idea that something so juvenile as Disneyland could hold some sort of creative merit, but you'll be the ones missing out. I, for one, am a new member of the Disney fan club (not really though, although I'm sure such a thing exists).

On to the pictures!

Follow the signs....


Sup huge pumpkin?!


Tea cups!!


Hey roommate!


Ah, building castles in the sky....


Great Adventure!


The Bridge, a la Disney:

Note: Not the actual bridge.

Celebrity sighting:


This blew my mind:


Tower of Terror:


Outside the Haunted Mansion:


On Splash Mountain....



After Splash Mountain....See how wet Alex's shirt is? Yeah, my shorts were right there with her (not because I peed myself out of fright. Just the splash).



The next morning, after a 12 hour Disney day, we went into LA to get brunch with Alex's friend Garrett and his friend (um, whose name I forgot). We had a delicious breakfast, saw Garrett's (now old) apartment, got Pinkberry (YUM) and went up to the LA Observatory, where we could see both the Hollywood sign as well as look out onto LA (at least what the smog allowed). We hit the road and made it back to SF in 6 hours. It was, altogether, the perfect weekend escape, and I can't wait to go back.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's up with your big yellow earings?


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes