Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The End Of A Year...

2008 draws to a close today. I can't say I don't welcome a new year, as 2008 was full of ups and downs for me. Predictably, the highs were so high, and the lows painfully deep.

When I think back on the last year, change is the word that comes to mind. Change happened on a variety of levels - I graduated college, moved across the country, and started a new job within 2 short (so very, very short) weeks. I enjoyed successes and felt the hurt that comes with failure, laughed often, and cried my part. Today isn't a day to recap the lows of my year - I am (sometimes acutely) aware of them, and I feel ready to accept them and move on.

The many highs are sometimes too much to count, but a short list includes...

Graduating college
Getting a job!
Getting the women's team back to Regionals
Visiting my family in Germany
My mom's visit back in September
Wildwood!
The party at Will's house after Regionals
Froggy's on graduation night (despite the fact that I ended up crying)
ABC
Thanksgiving with my family
Obama
Finding my book club
Taking a leap and moving across the country

I won't take this chance to talk about 2009, as it is not yet upon us (although mere hours away). 2008 deserves recognition as the year of incredible growth and transition. I don't think I've learned as much about myself in a year as in the one about to pass, and for that I am both grateful, and maybe a bit exhausted as well. I didn't make any resolutions last year..at least not that I can remember..so I don't have to submit myself to self judging in regards to what I did and did not do. That can wait for a year from now, I guess.

For now, I wish all of you a wonderful and happy new years eve. I hope 2008 was kind enough to you, and that you are looking forward to the next year with hope and anticipation.

See you in 2009!

0 comments:


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes