Monday, August 10, 2009

100th Post? Let's Make It a Good One.

100 posts. That's a milestone, right? I guess it's only fitting that my 99th post promised big news, because I've got some. I didn't even plan on timing it with the 100th post! Okay, ready?

......

Last Tuesday I gave notice at my job. August 28th is my last day in the office, and it's looking like September 1 will be my last full day as a resident of the West Coast. September 2 I'm flying back to Philly, where I'll be living at home through the end of December before I head to Asia and Europe for the first half of next year. Good LORD it feels good writing that. Of course, this isn't news to many of you, as I shared the news far and wide this weekend in DC, and I've been wanting to share (blog) about this for a bit, but of course had to wait til it's all official. Let me just say it again though:

I'm SO EXCITED! I feel there's been a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. It took me a while to make the definite decision, but ever since I made up my mind that I'm moving home I've become increasingly convinced that I'm doing the right thing. Needless to say my mother is thrilled, as is my wallet for no longer having to pay rent, food, etc. I'm also thrilled to be back East, where I can make easy trips to DC, NYC, Boston, and beyond, eat as much Wawa as I wanna, and play PADA fall league!

Yes, this is a great 100th post. I'll post some recaps of Wildwood and some pictures of this weekend soon, but I thought it only fitting to share the big news as soon as possible. West Coast, it's been a good run. East Coast, I <3 you.

2 comments:

Anna M said...

ahhh! Huge news! Congrats!!

artfoodboozeDC said...

That's great!!! Glad to have you back on this side of the country.


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes