Sunday, August 24, 2008

1/4 Year

That's exactly how long I've been living in San Francisco. 3 months ago today I boarded my plane sleepy and bleary-eyed, and emerged 9 hours later the newest member of people who make drastic moves directly after college.

While my time here has had its ups and downs, I'm beginning to love it more and more. I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable (while still missing the enveloping comfort and total familiarity of the East Coast), savoring the mundane, and cuddling into my still-growing social nest. Every day I'm getting more and more clarity (and ironically, the questions coming from) regarding my goals, hopes, wishes, whatever you want to call them. While they'll probably change in the next months, as goals have the tendency to do, I'm excited to watch them grow and change. I'm also reading everything in sight right now, devouring op-eds, memoirs, novels, and articles, and loving it. Instead of reading for tests or class, I'm reading just to step back a little bit from my life and immerse myself in something completely detached from myself.

Yesterday we took the train to Berkeley to explore the campus and take advantage of the beautiful weather. It was exactly a college campus should be: a self-contained enclave that lets you forget that the outside world still exists, with rolling green grass, leafy walkways, and distinguished architecture. After traipsing around for a couple hours we went to a local brewery & restaurant that Yelp gave good reviews. The late afternoon was spent drinking (lots of yummy cider for me), eating wings & greased soaked baked potatoes, and watching the Olympics. We hopped back on BART and spent the rest of the night hanging out at Valley St, with Chan & co making an appearance (and experiencing Mitchell's for the first time!!), and ending with me passing out in the papasan for a bit.

Today has lent itself to simple life maintenance; meeting Alex for lunch at Dolores Park Cafe and reading Dreams From My Father, making a stop at Bi-Rite for simple groceries, and relaxing in my room with the sun shining in from the hills. The coming week will hopefully be low-key in anticipation of Labor Day weekend; the boss is out of town through Wednesday, and the office closes at 2pm on Friday. The only possibility for negativity is my informal Q2 review, but even that I'm not too concerned about. I think it's safe to say that life is good, and getting even better.

0 comments:


Blogger Layouts by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by ArchitecturesDesign.Com Beautiful Architecture Homes